“Deep into Work and Life Reflection”

Without knowing we encounter the complexity of a simple four-letter word called work and life every day. When writing “Deep into Work and Life” it made me realize that I am maturing and growing up. I am no longer the same person I was ten years ago. This is because as we grow older and encounter different experiences; we learn and change to form a better us. The purpose of the work-view life-view essay was to interpret our views on how we perceive the world through our own experiences of working and living.

Before writing this essay, I read over the requirements, so I had a list of ideas that I can work with. I checked off which questions that I wanted to incorporate, creating different viewpoints and a meaningful paper. I then researched some TED talks to get inspiration and interpreted the ideas into my essay. However, the part that I struggled the most was connecting the two ideas together. I had difficulty because I didn’t want to be repetitive and it didn’t flow the way that I wanted it to. I believe that I haven’t met all the requirements for this essay, there is always room for improvement whether you think that it’s the best essay that you wrote. Some changes that can be incorporated when I revise my essay are including supplementary experiences and alleviating the vagueness.

To make the essay more engaging and relatable we had to use rhetorical situations in our papers. Purpose, media/ design, and stance were the three situations that most impacted my essay. Incorporating philosophical ideas, TED talks, and personal experiences engaged readers to reflect on work and life. Since it is a personal essay some of the rhetorical situations couldn’t have been used such as exigence. Including rhetoric in my essay improved the content and word choices that were present. This is because the use of language can change the viewpoint of the ideas.

“Developing strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing” and “Recognizing and practicing key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations” were outcomes that were met through this assignment. When writing the work view life view essay, we had to include rhetoric in our essays to make the impact and viewpoint more captivating. As I was drafting the essay, I included outside resources such as TED talks as a part of a rhetorical situation (media). In addition, we were able to have a peer review session in class to get feedback and criticism to enhance our essays.

Encountering the work view and life view essay benefited my writing in the future in many ways. I usually procrastinate when I have an essay due. Therefore, I don’t have time to revise my essay, which is distressing and troublesome. However, after the process of doing a peer review and revisions, I was able to develop my essay. From that, I learned that revising your essay is beneficial because there might be some things that you missed and want to incorporate for your paper.